Saturday, February 10, 2018

Please Welcome Ashlyn Chase and Her Dragons.

A spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off… My head is spinning!
Ashlyn Chase

You know you’ve created a successful world when your editor asks for more books set in that world. Well, I’m here to tell you that as grateful as I am for 13 books all contracted by my publisher Sourcebooks, lucky #13 will be it! The end! Finis!

My new series starting next month (Phoenix Brothers—Book 1, Hooked on a Phoenix, releasing March 6th) is a spin-off of book 2 in the Boston Dragons series. Oh! And the Boston Dragons series is a spin-off of book 2 in the Flirting with Fangs series! And, oh yeah, the Flirting with Fangs series is a spin-off of book 2 in the Strange Neighbors series! 

Yeah…always book 2. Weird coincidence? Or numbers? Knowing that publishers are keeping track of things like sales, I can pretty much guess it has to do with numbers. I’m not a math person or a business person. I’m a creative person—not that those things are mutually exclusive! More and more authors are becoming business savvy. I’m late to that party, and I’m not sure I want to attend.
Let’s just say my priorities are still with the stories. A lot of writers are getting obsessed with the business and short-cutting important steps like writing the next book, rewriting, editing, re-editing, proofreading, well—you get my drift.

Making the best book possible is the author’s job…in my opinion. Working closely with a professional editor is part of that job. Now, authors seem to be taking on a slew of new jobs. Publisher, Cover artist, Marketer, Publicist… It makes my head—that was already spinning—spin harder!

What will I do when book 4 (aka #13 in the series that never ends) is ‘in the can’? (a Hollywood term from the days when a finished film was literally put in a large metal disc-shaped can.)
How about a long, tropical vacation?

Nope. Not in the cards for me. I can take a short break, but I’ve already begun my new project! Argh. Workaholic much?

My new project is a Young Adult fantasy (under a new pen name.) I still love romance, so I won’t leave that important part out. I’ll just be concentrating more on the development of the relationship and less on where it might eventually lead. But you can count on humor and an uplifting ending! That’s why I write. I write what I love to read. A good story with love and justice for all. 

And I don’t like cliff hangers! No, no, no… I love to read a complete story even if it’s part of a series. I want to be able to accidentally read book 3 and then say. Oh! I guess that was part of a series. Not, how the heck did this happen and why isn’t it resolved?

Yeah, everyone wants a series…which is great! If the author loves the world they created, and readers can’t get enough of it, publishers will certainly do what they can to keep it going. Everybody’s happy. I can’t see myself running out of stories to tell. Maybe that’s why book two gets the spin-off. By then, I’m already creating new characters to fall in love with who readers want to see more of. Yeah, I’m guilty of having secondary characters who sometimes steal the show.

If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll begin reading any of my books in any order. See? That’s my publicist coming out. Or is it my inner marketer? I can’t keep all these hats straight! Anyway, here’s an advance review of Hooked on a Phoenix. 


Night Owl Reviews, Terri  Score: 4.50 / 5 - Reviewer Top Pick

This story is part of a series but pick it up even if you haven’t read any of the other books.  It’s a fun paranormal romance that has sexy men and interesting situations.  This story is much more than Gabe wanting to date his best friend’s little sister and much more than a run of the mill romance.  Gabe’s character is done extremely well and it’s interesting to watch him interact with his family and the firemen he works with.  Misty is just as much fun and she fights her attraction to Gabe and works on figuring out what is happening.  Okay, I will admit that Gabe’s mom may be one of my favorite characters.  She’s awesome.  And, this shapeshifter is unique….he’s a phoenix! Unusual solutions to problems are the norm and the explanations are just as unusual.  This is a story that will have you wanting to know more about not only these main characters but the entire Fierro family.  This fantastic story will enliven your day and keep you smiling.
When Gabe’s best friend from childhood asks him to keep an eye on his younger sister, he agreed.  After all how much work can it be to check in on her.  She works at a bank where it’s safe, right?  Misty has grown up a lot since Gabe last saw her.  Gone are the pigtails and a sexy woman has taken her place.  It figures that a bank robbery would happen while Gabe is at the bank.  With his only thought to keep Misty safe, he locks them in the bank’s vault.  As the minutes past and they can’t get out, an unexpected attraction starts.  What is going on and where will this lead?

It’s available for preorders!  I use universal links! You can find all my books and all online stores that carry them with one link! Just type:  www.books2read.com/  add the name of the title, and voila! Like this: www.books2read.com/HookedonaPhoenix


Or, if you want to start with the book that inspired this series, you could read My Wild Irish Dragon. (Book 2 of course) where you’ll meet the legendary firefighting family…the Fierros! And that’s not the only legend they’re bearing! [Insert cover] www.books2read.com/MyWildIrishDragon
      

Prize! A signed copy of Book 1 in the Boston Dragons series. I Dream of Dragons. 


15 comments:

  1. LOL, well you've got my head spinning. Workaholic on lots of caffeine. Congrats on all you've accomplished. I look forward to checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to start reading more of these...not enough hours in the day-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already have I Dream of Dragons, so don't enter me in the contest. I'm just here for moral support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the Bash today, Ashlyn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very interest series. Love the tattoos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the tattoos too. It’s funny but they aren’t in the book. That’s all on the artist. Lol

      Delete
  6. Young adult is a fantastic pursuit. I wish you great success there too :) And a long tropical vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to being able to give kids my books instead of snatching them out of their hands and saying, "Not for you! Give it to your mom."

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. I love the title of "My Wild Irish Dragon". And immediately had to go check it out :) Love the sound of it and put it on my wish list for later :)

    ReplyDelete

Clone the Book of Axel (#4 in the Clone Series)

Clone ~ The Book of Axel is close to completion and I can't wait to share the newest release with you. I'm shooting for a release ...