Sunday, February 11, 2018

Please Give a Warm Greeting to Fantasia Frog Designs



Hi, I’m Tara from Fantasia Frog Designs
I want to thank Paxton for hosting me today! And, to say Happy (early) Valentine’s
Day!

As a graphic designer, I count myself lucky to work with some wonderful book
publishers and authors (Paxton being one of them).
Fantasia Frog Designs has been creating custom and premade book covers, in
both ebook and print for over ten years. I hadn’t even realized that this is my tenth
year, until just now.

Maybe I should hold a celebratory giveaway.

Over the years I’ve seen such a wide variety of storylines and I’m amazed at all
the creativity and talent that is out there. Sometimes finding an image can be a
challenge. Most of the time I can alter an image into what we want. Making one of
the crew on a intergalactic ship blue is easier than you might think.

Many of the authors I design for write erotic romance, and as most authors know,
there are a few distributors out there who think a lack of clothing on the cover isn’t
optional. Getting an image of a hot couple often means the couple is nude or at least
partially nude, and that usually gets a cover rejected from the mainstream pages.
Even visible sideboob can get the cover banned. Cover artists can get around that
though. In the premade cover below, I have one version with the couple as the
photographer snapped the photo, and one where I removed and covered up the fact
that the woman was wearing hands for a bra.
Adding hair, changing hair colour, raising a collar to historic heights, adding horns,
wings, tails, you name it, it can probably be done.

As I mentioned, I create premade book covers. Using images I have on hand, as well
as by following what people have been searching for on my site, I get to freely create
something I think might be useful. Some weeks there’s a big surge on paranormal
covers, and then the next, it’s all about the billionaires. I can hope to get it close to
what an author will need, and maybe the couple is right, but the background is
wrong. In this example, I have a historic scene, but maybe, just maybe, the hero is
actually a pirate.
This change to a premade was a very simple one. I had both background images on
hand already, and truly, it was a matter of sliding one image in to the other’s place.
Now fonts, fonts are another thing entirely. I am crazy about fonts, and thanks to
some very generous typeface wizards, I have over 4000 at my fingertips. If you don’t
like the font, just let me know, I probably have something you might like better.
My premades range in price, ($15–$70), while most are $40. I also have some print
premade covers on the site though most ebooks can be made in to a print cover.

To see what premades FFD has to offer visit fantasiafrogdesigns.wordpress.com and
from there you can navigate by genre and price.

I welcome requests for premade designs. If you have a general genre or theme you’d
like to see more of, feel free to leave a comment here or on my site.

I think, as a way to celebrate my ten years of designing, I’ll do a giveaway of one
custom or premade book cover (equaling a $50.00) value (expires Feb 1st, 2019). To
enter your name, leave a comment here stating that you’d like to be entered and I’ll
get my husband to draw a name from a hat at midnight (February 11th, 2018). I’ll post
the name of the winner here on the blog post and contact them in the morning
Thanks again for having me!

Tara


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the Bash today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful work. I wish I bad your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many of Tara's covers and they're absolutely fabulous :) I can't recommend her enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Jodi :) You're fabulous! Wishing you a very happy Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  4. Morning! I have a winning name :) It is Debbie Gould :) I'll contact you shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tara for inviting me to this event. As always you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Clone the Book of Axel (#4 in the Clone Series)

Clone ~ The Book of Axel is close to completion and I can't wait to share the newest release with you. I'm shooting for a release ...