Sunday, February 11, 2018

Please Give a Warm Welcome to the Lovely Clair Brett.

Thanks, Paxton for letting me stop by and share today. I am so happy to be here. My name is Clair Brett and I write Historicals set in the Regency period. My current series: Improper Wives for Proper Lords is moving along nicely and I have gotten some positive feedback.


I write strong heroines. Yes, I know traditional heroines in the Regency genre are not strong characters, but I feel that modern readers want to see historical women who stood up to those things that would have held them down. I am a strong believer in human nature, and no matter what era you look at there were women who against their better judgement struck out on their own, to blaze a trail.
The heroine in my current work in progress is just such a woman. The daughter of a diplomat stationed in India, she is kidnapped, and then when a ransom is not forth coming she is to be sold as a bride to the highest bidder, and is therefore tattooed to claim a higher price. She escapes and is brought back to England. She begins the story as a survivor and victim, but must continue fighting to be accepted back into her world as a woman who had endured something no man or woman of the Ton could understand.


I hope to bring her story to you by mid-summer. It is proving to be challenging as I am hoping to strike a balance between her working through her PTSD, but also keeping the light-heartedness of a blooming love.

While you wait, please grab the first two books in the series and let me know what you think of them. Book #1 is Dealing with the Viscount (a reunion story) and Book #2 An Heiress by Midnight (a highwayman story with a twist). 

Please visit me on my Facebook page so I can get to know you. https://www.facebook.com/AuthorClairBrett/


Comment below to be put in a drawing to win a signed copy of either of the first two books, it will be your choice. I’ll draw on February 14 and post the winner in the comments section below.

Thanks for participating and Happy Valentines Day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Clair. Thanks for participating in the Bash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!! I love the strong heroine standing up for what she believes in concept in historicals. I'm going to need to get a copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Clair. I'll definitely take a look.

    ReplyDelete

Clone the Book of Axel (#4 in the Clone Series)

Clone ~ The Book of Axel is close to completion and I can't wait to share the newest release with you. I'm shooting for a release ...